I am thrilled to have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Muddy Mum, on her blog, Mud and Nettles!
The rules for accepting the 2015 One Lovely Blog Award are:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Muddy Mum is the first person I “met” on Word Press, and she lives all the way across the ocean in the U.K. We both share an interest in geocaching, and I wish my kids were as up for it as hers seem to be. The pictures she posts of the English countryside when she is out caching are truly lovely. A big thank you to her!
Share 7 things about yourself:
- I quit and restarted playing the violin twice.
- When we were kids, my younger brother and I drew a comic book series called the “Catty Kitten Crier.” It featured the adventures of four cats named Catty, Cindy, Tigger, and T.V. Set. T.V. Set’s real name was Theodore Vanderbilt Setenarian.
- I only have 24 teeth. But they are in good shape and very straight.
- I won 50-cents from my 8th grade social studies teacher by naming all 50 U.S. states in alphabetical order, based on knowing the song, “Fifty Nifty United States.”
- My husband and I met online before it was a thing, and we corresponded for a year before meeting in person. The first pictures we sent were the night before we met, so that we’d recognize each other at the airport.
- My grandfather wrote the math book I used in 11th grade. But I didn’t have all the answers.
- I tend to sneeze in threes: twice, a slight delay, and then a third.
I may not make it to 15, but I would like to nominate the following bloggers (in no particular order) for the One Lovely Blog Award:
- Roar Loud. An outdoorsy and adventurous blog with gorgeous photos.
- Ramona Crisstea‘s fashion blog. I’m not very fashionable myself, but I like to look at the clothes.
- Song of the Lark. Extensive and thoughtful coverage of the Minnesota Orchestra and symphonies in general.
- Isenglass. Learning to play the violin as an adult beginner. Also knitting and running.
- Natacha Guyot. Eclectic and original essays about science fiction and fantasy.
- Pint Size Fiction. Could use more pictures, but is alternately hilarious, horrifying, unexpected, and always engaging.
- Davis Brotherly Love. A brother’s love for his autistic brother. And some awesome water colors.
- APB. Cool graphic design.
- DeeScribes. Following her dreams and doing important work about disability.
- Be a Positive Light. Inspirational stories, especially for women.